Maybe I should just grow some new ones

growing new armIt has taken five years to understand a few things about the “new” me.

The sole of my left foot is numb 99% of the time, meaning I can’t feel the ground beneath my foot which= HAZARD!  The other 1% of the time Lefty’s sole is ultra sensitive. A tiny rock in my shoe produces piercing pain which shoots all way up my leg and sears my brain.

Until Lida’s fingertips redevelop tactile feeling it will be difficult to grasp things in day to day activities.

I cannot hold what I cannot feel.

These short-circuited nerves will probably remain numb until something in my head clicks back into place. Perhaps electric stimulation therapy will improve the connection between my left extremities and my brain. No one really knows.

The numb bums and I are just hanging around trying new moves until we find out.
Advertisements

About Vic Cobb Fountain

Empowered Stroke survivor: appreciating where I've been, anticipating where I'm going.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Maybe I should just grow some new ones

  1. Anonymous says:

    Attitude is huge!!!!
    You’ve always stayed with your positive side!!! There’s more than one way to get the job done!!! Xo

  2. Marta Szwaya says:

    Vic, I’m with you.Just recently I’ve started feeling the toes on my left foot as I walk. Toes help your balance. I still can’t wiggle them, but slow and steady wins the race. Sooner or later, it’ll all right itself, truly though I’m running out of patience. Marta

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s